Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Death to Iron Man; Long Live Ironman

There is a lot of information out there about triathlons and Ironman. I signed up with some "news alerts" which scans the internet and finds new articles, blogs, etc. for me. The internet is not perfect however; sometimes the search engines don't distinguish between "Ironman" and "Iron Man", or the writers will add/remove the space accidently. So I get some false hits from time to time:

"Iron Man" is a song. Every time some college kid learns to play it on guitar and posts a YouTube video of his performance, I get an email.

"Iron Man" is a bodybuilding magazine. Every time a bully kicks sand in the face of some runt, I get an email.

"Iron Man" is a comic book character. Which became a movie. Which is on target to become one of the biggest blockbusters of all time. And every time there's a new article about it posted somewhere on the net, I get notified about it. It's a little annoying.

I can't blame the movie. They had the name before triathlon made it one word. Maybe they should have made it the "Leadman Triathlon" or "Steelman" or "Kryptoniteman". But so help me, if I hear them playing Black Sabbath at the finish line in Coeur d'Alene, I'll wait till the next song starts before crossing the finish line.

3 Comments:

Blogger Steven said...

They will Sabbath's Ironman at the start, not the finish. So you'll be safe to cross the line when you reach it.

12:57 PM  
Blogger triguyjt said...

just dropped by your blog...(steve in speedo steered me)...
Laughed my butt off on the shots of you on april 27..the sun related head shot and the socks-shoes tan line...
that is really the true face of tri...you got that right

1:48 PM  
Blogger Formulaic said...

Yeah, I hear they play Ironman at the start.

But to be fair they started doing that a couple of years ago.

9:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home