Sunday, April 27, 2008

Hot & Dirty

I reached a bit of a milestone with my Ironman training today. Over the past 18 months or so I've done a few half-marathons but have not run longer than 13.1 miles since the 2006 Santa Clarita Marathon. Today I ran 15 miles.

It was a rough run. It didn't help that it was 96 degrees by the time I finished. I used to think that the water fountains in Griffith Park were pretty convenient but they seemed awfully far apart today. And since it's been so dry, the path was extra dirty and dusty today. Very unpleasant. It took me almost 3 hours, which is slower than I would have liked. I think my legs felt pretty good, but I just couldn't stay hydrated so hopefully that was the only problem.

All the magazines show smiling triathletes in bright clean uniforms. But this is the TRUE look of Ironman training:

3 Comments:

Blogger SWTrigal said...

Seriously!!! Great job on your long run in heat. That is the toughest..

6:55 AM  
Blogger Steve Stenzel said...

Nice job and sweet photos!!!

(I think we have the same "dainty" ankles)

2:53 PM  
Blogger Tea said...

15 miles in 3 hours in 96 degrees?
YOU.ARE.AMAZING.

6:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home