Friday, May 30, 2008

s-Inking Feeling

I feel sick.

I just put down a $200 deposit to get an Ironman tattoo.

I had a consultation with an artist at Zulu Tattoo. "Lantz" (as in lance) was pleasant enough, but I think he was too open to ideas. I don't know what I want. I think I was half hoping he would just tell me "well you can't do this this or this, so you should do that." I don't have a final design but I have an appointment July 1st. That stresses me out.

You might think this means I still have a month to work on a design. Well it doesn't really work like that. For starters, I already have enough to worry about this month. Also, as much as I would like to I can't keep sending the artist design tweaks for him to work with. His time is my money.

You might also suggest that I push the appointment back a few weeks. But July 3rd is my 40th birthday, and I think it would be cool to have the tattoo before then. Besides, if I'm going to go through with this I want to do it while I'm (hopefully) caught up in the excitement of Ironman. Not months later.

I gave Lantz the M-Dot Whale logo and told him "something like this, yet not this". I had trouble being more specific than that. But he's going to work on some ideas and hopefully come up with something. I apologized to him in advance for being a "big baby with OCD" and promised I would try not to be too much trouble.

5 Comments:

Blogger Andre said...

Wow you are so organized! I did my IM 2 years ago and I still don't have my IM tattoo. I should get my ass into Zulu's tattoo parlor and get my done at the same time LOL... I like Lantz's work but I think I'll go with either Zulu or King Afa... I'll see if they have anything available on the same day...

3:49 PM  
Blogger Herself, the GeekGirl said...

Geez, dude. Mine was $150. Come to Albuqueruqe. Sure, you have a chance of getting hepatitis, but now they're saying that they might even start requesting licenses and stuff. :-)

2:26 PM  
Blogger SWTrigal said...

Good for you! I was too chicken but that whale thing is way cool...

3:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ummm...It is the perfect time to be picky. And be sure. It's a tattoo. A tattoo.

Oh yeah, & get that race thing done, too.

4:57 PM  
Blogger Bigun said...

dude...stop jinxing yourself...cart...horse...

but, I say that, and if you look at my blog header, well, that's sorta what I've been wanting for a while now...shhhhhh!

9:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home