Sunday, May 25, 2008

Ironman Brazil

I know 9 people who did Ironman Brazil today: 8 people from my tri-team and fellow-blogger Monica. It was a busy day tracking them all on Ironmanlive.com:


Of course, as anyone knows who has tried to use the race tracking, the site should really be called IronmanDelayed.com. The splits and results are not updated in real time. Instead, they gather data, keep it to themselves for a while, and then release it all at once to the online database. Several hours after the entire race is over, they STILL haven't posted split times for 2/3 of my peeps. Fortunately, I found out that everyone finished the race because one of them called us from Brazil. I don't mean to sound greedy here, but it seems to me that a site that promotes "live tracking" should be able to post updates a little faster than that. It gets a little nerve-wracking when the cut-off for the bike passes and the website still shows your athlete being at mile 70.

But no matter. The important thing is that they all went down and kicked butt. I am in awe of all of them. And a little bit jealous that they're finished.

1 Comments:

Blogger Steve Stenzel said...

Tell me about it....

I was "watching" Monica, and I was afraid she was pulled off the run. But her time is now updated and she did it!

1:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home