Thursday, March 13, 2008

Mind Over Body

People often talk about the remarkable healing power of the human brain. I'm not into a lot of Mumbo Jumbo, but I do believe that a positive mental outlook can do wonders to cure all sorts of problems. What people rarely talk about however is the brain's equally remarkable ailing power. I have been so frustrated and stressed this week that I believe I actually willed myself into being sick.

I was congested and exhausted and getting chills and just feeling all around lousy yesterday. I took the day off from work today which was a pretty good idea because I am feeling a little better now. I'll make at least some sort of appearance at the office tomorrow.

2 Comments:

Blogger Fe-lady said...

I believe you!
It's weird just how GOOD I feel after walking out the door after a challenging day at work!

(And no matter how TIRED or yucky I am feeling, I feel much better after 45-1 hour in the pool!)

Glad you are feeling better!

10:10 AM  
Blogger Steve Stenzel said...

Dang. Get well soon.

2:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home