Monday, December 31, 2007

Cheap Jersey

I like my Tri Team jersey. I really do. It has the Disney name on it, so people at races love to cheer "Go Disney!" It is stylish, very comfortable, and - miracle of miracles - it actually fits me pretty well. Or at least it used to. Turns out, our team jerseys are very cheaply made and my jersey has shrunk.

The last time I wore my jersey was at the Rose Bowl half marathon last month. I was very busy in December; I had too many parties to go to, too much drinking to do... Thank goodness there was so much candy in the office to help me deal with all the holiday stress. I simply haven't had the time to do any exercise in over 3 weeks. I went out for a run today and discovered my jersey is a little tight around the stomach. So explain to me how it is possible that a jersey, sitting in a closet getting no exercise at all for almost a month, can just suddenly shrink? I know, it doesn't make any sense but it's true. It used to be loose around my stomach, now it's tighter.

I just hope that next year's jerseys are made out of higher-quality, non-shrinking material. I'm very upset about this; I think I'll find some leftover Christmas chocolates to make me feel better.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Uhhh? I don't think Lycra shrinks?

Perhaps you should step away from the candy. Just a thought?

10:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home