Friday, December 07, 2007

Destiny

Tomorrow is the Rose Bowl Half Marathon. Brad from my office is also running the race. I would say we are comparable runners; we'd both be very happy finishing under 2 hours.

This is my horoscope in the L.A. Times:

"Someone close feels driven to compete with you; rise above pettiness. Be supportive instead. You are not in a contest, and there's nothing to win when the other person loses."

What is Brad's problem?! Why is he turning this into some sort of a competition? The stars do not lie. I'm not very good at rising above pettiness, but the universe compels me: I hope Brad has a very good race tomorrow.

No matter how slow he is.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am not competing with you, Mr. P. You're not even in my class.

(That would be "Master Clydesdale," and for those of you keeping score at home Wedgie lacks both age and weight to be eligible.)

3:42 PM  
Blogger Iron Pol said...

I'd like to know when Brad's birthday is. Perhaps it was HIS horoscope, and Neoprene Wedgie is simply trying to deflect the blame.

8:06 PM  
Blogger Steve Stenzel said...

Ouch.

I hope you both did well!!!!!

6:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home