Thursday, December 06, 2007

What a Croc of Sh... oe

Have you seen these Crocs shoes? They are the dumbest fashion fad of
the decade. I can understand people wearing them to beach, but people
wear them to the office. I see them in meetings. They are entirely
inappropriate. I think they are ridiculous.
I would not wear them with my socks
I would not wear them climbing rocks
I would not wear them hunting fox
I would not wear them on the docks
I would keep them in a box
I would not wear these shoes called Crocs!

As it turns out, Tri-Team Tim is a big Croc advocate and I tease him
about it. Yes, I am a Croc-mocker. But whether it was out of spite or
love, a few weeks ago Tim got me a pair of Crocs.

I have a half-marathon on Saturday and the top of my left foot has
been hurting for the past couple of days. It's not really a blister,
just some minor swelling, but all my regular shoes are a little
painful. So today I wore my Crocs to work. OMG do I have Happy Feet.
There is no rubbing, no pain, and I'm sure my foot will recover by the
weekend.

I lift my pox upon the Crocs.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice Theodor Seuss Geisel like rhyme.

Crocks are rather fugley looking but I believe they are the most comfortable things I have ever put on my feet.

Good luck on Saturday. We'll be there to cheer you on in the rain.

11:22 AM  
Blogger Bill said...

You cannot suck me into the dark side.

Even with your sudden good-naturedness, you cannot.

6:08 PM  
Blogger Iron Pol said...

Just don't wear them on the escalator. I'm sorry, I know it doesn't rhyme with the rest.

Because of the soft rubber of the shoe, they have a tendency to get stuck in the tread of the escalator, causing all sorts of problems.

I'm with Bill. You'll not see me in Crocs any time soon. Or Heelys. Or sandals.

8:05 PM  
Blogger Di said...

well, Like you I have succumbed to the dark side. I too agree with the fugliness but I must admit. they are sooooooo comfortable. I ONLY wear them to Tri's or to the beach. Honestly. I am embarrased by them. But, my word, the comfort!!

5:08 AM  
Blogger Steve Stenzel said...

Damn the ending of this post. I was with you in hating these things. Turns out I hate you now.

6:53 AM  
Blogger Herself, the GeekGirl said...

I, too, was all excited about finding someone else who hated the cursed plastic shoe. I don't care care comfortable they are. I'll stick to my ugly Keens. They are comfy, but don't come in the insane neon colors of the cursed Crocs.

7:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home