Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Getting Gutsy

As you know, there are four disciplines of triathlon training: Swim, Bike, Run, Guitar Hero. The latest game in the genre is "Rock Band" which uses the same principles as Guitar Hero, but now up to 4 people can play at once. It adds a microphone for singing and a full drum set. You have 4 drums to hit with real drumsticks, plus a bass drum pedal you control with your foot. In a long song, you might have to tap the foot pedal several hundred times, often in rapid succession. Let me tell you, you would not believe how painful it is to step on that pedal after doing a long run. You need at least a 2-hour Transition between Running and Rock Band.

Stupid Dutch and Smart Dutch's Girlfriend came over for a little Rock Band jamming the other night. After each song, the game gives feedback comparing each of the players. It might say someone was the "Top Performer" while someone else had a "Great Solo". Several times, I got the message "Most Gutsy".



How awesome is that?!

I may not win my races, but I would love to be thought of as a Gutsy Triathlete: someone who doesn't stick with the safe races, who instead goes for events just outside his comfort zone. That's where you score the most points. Would you rather be the Top Performer on Easy, or Most Gutsy on Hard?

Previous posts:
Everything I need to know about Triathlon I learned from Guitar Hero
Triathlon Hero

p.s. Smart Dutch's Girlfriend was our star vocalist, but I kicked Stupid Dutch's ass on guitar. Not that matters, I'm just saying...

4 Comments:

Blogger Paparazzo said...

I want. NO! I need this Guitar Heroe game.

5:31 PM  
Blogger monica said...

most gutsy is definitely a triathlete's character. you can wear that one with pride for sure.

hey, i sent you an email recently about team disney and ironman brasil. did you get it??

11:57 PM  
Blogger Bigun said...

crap! I only get to suck on my real guitar.

3:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I object! Smart Dutch's ass was nowhere near kicked! And I will not have you casting aspersions on his good name!

6:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home