Saturday, September 29, 2007

Diet Died

I understand the importance of diet in Ironman training. I really do.
But understanding it and actually doing something about it are two
very different things.

There is a guy in my office who keeps a candy dish on his desk. And
it's not filled with the cheap stuff; he has Snickers. Butterfingers.
Hershey's Dark. It is always stocked. No matter how quickly we empty
it, the candy keeps magically reappearing.

I admit, I am weak. I munch on those bits of chocolate heaven all day
long. I feel a little guilty at times about how much he pays for the
candy and how much of of I eat, so every now and then I'll buy a bag
to refill the jar. Sunday afternoon I bought a bag of Nestle Crunch
Bars to bring in to work. By Sunday evening, the bag was empty. I
scarfed the entire thing. Oops.

On a related note, I'm in Vegas for the World's Greatest Triathlete's
birthday. Here I am blowing my diet again:



It may not look like it, but I actually am getting a workout in that
photo. That margarita was HEAVY. My arms got a nice pump with every sip.

4 Comments:

Blogger Brent Buckner said...

I am a huge fan of the Margaritas at the kiosk on the second floor at the Luxor.

7:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a margarita? That looks like an award one would receive for fishing (biggest stringray division).

You looked happy, and now I know why.

6:19 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Ha, is that an Eiffel Tower margarita? I heart margaritas.

5:09 PM  
Blogger Steve Stenzel said...

The margaritas size (and having to lift it) make up for any calorie consuption.

Right?

11:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home