Friday, September 14, 2007

Talk amongst yourselves

Tonight we had our big Tri Team carb-load dinner in preparation for the Nautica Malibu Triathlon this weekend. This year they added a new award for the "Tri Team Member of the Year". And who did they select for the inaugural recipient? Yours Truly.



I am not a medal-contender at my races. But I have so much fun participating in this sport. I love that I can run alongside (well, OK, maybe 50 yards behind) a group of Ironmen in a grueling workout one day and then be cutting out construction paper for some silly race sign the next. I love the pre-race and post-race get-togethers. I love cheering people on at races as a spectator. And it's all because of my Tri Team. I can't believe that I can call these amazing people "friends".

What can I say... I'm a little verklempt.

6 Comments:

Blogger Randy said...

WOOT!

9:19 AM  
Blogger Steve Stenzel said...

Sweet award!

I didn't know Mickey did tris....

11:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, well! It's nice to know that your hard work is appreciated. Congratulations! Although you realize that your curmudgeonly cover has now been blown, right?

12:25 PM  
Blogger Brad said...

Let's face it, Mr. P - they are just making official what everybody already knew.

6:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

way to go string bean!

-tri team tammy

7:20 PM  
Blogger Brent Buckner said...

Nice recognition!

I heart that TriMickey logo.

9:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home