Saturday, August 11, 2007

Time to eat the donuts

I try to set a good example by sharing the benefits of an active lifestyle with others.

Our boss brought donuts into work. A friend/co-worker was eyeing them guiltily and finally said "well, I guess I'll just undo all the work I did at the gym last night." I told him he had it completely backwards: donuts do not undo workouts. Workouts ENTITLE you to donuts. It was like talking to a blank wall. He said "I'll just have to work out twice as hard tonight. Again, I had to correct him: "If you work out twice as hard tonight, then you get to eat twice as many donuts tomorrow."

I can't help people who don't want to be helped.

2 Comments:

Blogger Herself, the GeekGirl said...

I liked to look and see how many calories I burned, according to my Timex or Garmin setup. Then I see how I get to "spend" them. Will be kettle chips? Buttery popcorn? I just don't know...but they all must be spent. that's my rule.

5:31 PM  
Blogger Steve Stenzel said...

Truly the voice of reason.

7:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home