Monday, September 17, 2007

Jon Cryer kicked my ass

The results are in; Jon Cryer beat me by a staggering 5 minutes in the Nautica Malibu Tri. Let me tell you, it's a tough pill to swallow to have to admit that Ducky is the better man. At the time, I thought I was having a good race. Turns out, in the 3 years I've done this race this was my slowest swim. My slowest T1. My slowest T2. My slowest run. It was my fastest bike, but only by 18 seconds.

So here is my excuse: I did 3 races in 1 month (Lake Arrowhead Tri, Disneyland Half Marathon, Nautica Tri.) And by training for all 3 events, I wound up training for none of them. And it shows in the numbers. (Wait a minute Wedgie... didn't those other people do the same 3 races as you and still have good finishing times? Shut up.)

I still had a fun day in Malibu. Congratulations Mr. Cryer.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can you say over trained? Better start listening to those Lactate test results and start training smarter.

I was a beautiful day in Malibu. Glad you had fun.

6:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll beat your ass any race, any day, any how...AND be dressed and funny for the Emmy's later that night! Bwa! Ha! Ha! HA! - Jon "DUCKY" Cryer

8:03 PM  
Blogger hak said...

Did you ever shave your legs? That could account for those lost minutes.
Well, at least that was the excuse I used for my poor performance at my last tri: wind drag due to excessive hair on my manly legs.

10:02 PM  
Blogger Wedgie said...

I DID shave my legs. Looking back, I probably should have shaved them the night before and not in T1.

11:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, stop and look back a little. You did 3 races in one month. That's awesome.
Just don't do it again before your IM.

Good job!!
MG.

8:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

More importantly, my new pretend poolboy Alec Musser, kicked both of your asses. He's so sporty.

8:37 PM  
Blogger MtngirlinCali said...

Lurker here...had to post because you are cracking me up. I met Jon in line for the transition area up in Santa Barbara before the sprint race and he was a nervous wreck--- I'm in shock that he pulled through for this race and beat you. :( Next year-- you will own Ducky, I sense it!

5:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home