Sunday, October 15, 2006

Twenty

Today was the last long run of the marathon training program: 20 miles. It started raining as I was driving over to Griffith Park but I just sucked it up and by the time I was ready to run it had stopped. It was pretty exciting trying to stay on pace; at times I was 3-4 minutes behind, up to 4 minutes ahead, and back again. When it was all over, I was in pain. A lot of pain. I am not one to complain - scratch that. I LOVE to complain, but only when other people are around because I want the attention. Yet I was moaning out loud driving home because my legs were so sore. I don't want to know what my neighbors must think (I'm in condo) after hearing me still moaning as I lowered myself into an ice bath when I got home. In three weeks, I'll have to go through this again, and then add another hour.

However, I have to say it was a good day. 20.6 miles, 3:23:27. Those are 9.8 minute miles. And 9.8 is less than 10.

Suck it, Achilles.

3 Comments:

Blogger Iron Pol said...

And less than 10 is a darn good number.

5:51 AM  
Blogger Cliff said...

Moaning is a good thing..kinda ;)

I do moan a lot too after a hard training.

7:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep it up! Don't make me threaten to run with you!
Tri Team Gerald

5:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home