Wednesday, August 23, 2006

WNF (Will Not Finish)

I'm dropping out of the Santa Barbara Triathlon this weekend.

Although I was undertrained for it, I was still willing to give it a go. Then I pulled my Achilles Tendon, and decided it would still be fun to at least do the swim and bike. But then I had a very rough week and it's just not worth the added stress to worry about doing a race early Saturday morning. I'm still going up to cheer on some friends who will be doing it, and it will be a nice day trip to Santa Barbara.

The next scheduled race will be my second go at the Nautica Malibu Triathlon in September.

5 Comments:

Blogger Nancy Toby said...

That stands for "Will do Nothing Foolish". The correct decision - Achilles take too long to heal to take a chance on extending your recovery. Good luck on the next one! And there's always swimming, of course....

4:27 AM  
Blogger Iron Pol said...

A pulled Achilles tendon should tank any but the most important races, and probably those, too. That really applies to most injuries of this nature.

I had a minor hamstring pull 10 days out from my first marathon (how I got injured in a taper, I'll never know). I went into complete rest mode, and did no training.

I ran the race, and finished. But I repulled the hamstring around mile 23, and it took a long time to recover from that one.

You won't take a pay cut for withdrawing.

5:42 AM  
Blogger Cliff said...

Smart choice.

Most ppl will just tough it out and sit back for more injury time....

Enjoy the weekend :)...

12:29 PM  
Blogger Herself, the GeekGirl said...

Aww, too bad - but you have to make sure you're in good shape to stuff later in the season. Good luck and Godspeed in your healing.

1:51 PM  
Blogger Paul said...

Man that's a bummer, but there's always next year!

Get well soon!

-Paul

10:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home