Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Los Angeles Marathon goes wimpy... hooray!

I'm very angry. No, I'm very excited. No, I'm frustrated. Happy. Frightened. I dunno.

The 2007 Los Angeles Marathon will have a brand new course. It will start at Universal Studios and proceed down the hill. It will continue down a hill, and then will go further on down a hill. After that, it levels off for a while, then goes down a hill. Rather than taking you of a tour of all the Taco Bell Strip Malls in L.A. like I did last year, this new course runs past Universal, The Hollywood Bowl, down Hollywood and Melrose Avenues, past the Coliseum and into downtown L.A. (the last section is still a bit of an uphill incline.)

I had a lot of issues when I ran the L.A. Marathon; many were purely internal, but the sucky course certainly didn't help. This new course is 10 times better. It is intentionally designed to be faster, and it attempts to hit more Los Angeles landmarks. I fully support this new route, but I'm mad they didn't come up with it a year earlier. I had no desire to run L.A. again, but this might be worth doing some day.

I will miss the schnauzer though.

4 Comments:

Blogger Herself, the GeekGirl said...

So, are you going to be doing the new course?

8:46 PM  
Blogger Steven said...

That course looks great. I always wondered why they didn't have more of the So Cal scene in the marathon.

1:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

More landmarks? The LA marathon never had a landmark, until now.

The 5 mile low grade uphill end will probably piss some people off.

I have to admit, I'm kind of interested in doing it now that the course has changed, but... I don't know. I'd have to actually get off the couch and train. Think of what that would do to my netflix queue.

4:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent, love it!
Retail property management courses Management development training uk Zoloft drug test Water bed mattreess Blood pressure monitor replacement parts Minnesota physician university http://www.high-voltage-circuit-breaker.info/coursesonmaterialmanagementindia.html Osx data recovery programs

8:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home