Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Peter The Not-So-Great

I'm very upset.

Tonight my Tri-Team is hosting an advance screening of the new triathlon documentary "What It Takes". The guest speaker was supposed to be Peter Weed - er, Reid, 3-Time Ironman World Champion. That's right: "was". He's a no-show.



Remember how excited I was?: Peter Weed announcement. Let me explain just how neurotically bad I am. Peter is on the cover of this month's Triathlete Magazine and I was going to have him autograph it for me. Last night I was trying to peel off my subscription label but I just couldn't get all the glue off. So at 10:00pm, I drove to Borders to pick up a fresh newstand copy. I picked the cleanest one I could find, and watched nervously as the cashier half-rolled it to slide it over the scanner. The cover is black with Peter wearing a black t-shirt; I planned on going to Staples during lunch to pick up one of those silver-ink pens so his autograph would show up better.

Now there's nothing. Well sure, there's still the movie, but it won't be the same. I bet Tim DeBoom wouldn't cancel.

Stupid Peter Reid.

4 Comments:

Blogger Iron Pol said...

That's too bad. Was there any sort of explanation as to why he wouldn't be there? I tend to give some leeway to public figures, but still like to have some idea of why, if they cancel an engagement.

1:08 PM  
Blogger Cliff said...

Sorry dude..for all your hard work and expectation and a no show.

1:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, aren't you the Mike with the blog?

Mr. Tim

11:51 PM  
Blogger Herself, the GeekGirl said...

Aggh! Isn't this the 2nd disappointment, this and retirement?
But tell us, how was the movie??

7:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home