Thursday, April 20, 2006

No more pain

It's been one month since the marathon. I think 2 days ago my left shin finally stopped hurting. "Hurt" may be too strong a word, but there was definitely some uncomfortable tension there for the past four weeks. My right shin stopped hurting about a week earlier. I wrapped up my lower right leg on race day and that leg healed sooner. Hmmmmm... whatdayaknow, that stuff really works.

So let's see: marathon training involves about 2 months of pain before the race, and 1 month of pain after. That's 1/4 of the year. Why do people do this?

5 Comments:

Blogger Habeela said...

Woah! 2 months of pain before the race?! What was that from?

7:15 PM  
Blogger Wedgie said...

I started getting minor shin splints and other problems once my training runs hit the 14-mile mark.

9:15 PM  
Blogger Herself, the GeekGirl said...

Hey, what'd you wrap them with? I'd like to know.

6:11 AM  
Blogger Bolder said...

i have no idea.

it's all about the bike.

p.s. you can't have a bad pic of you taken on/near/or with a bike.

7:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best regards from NY!
»

6:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home