Monday, April 10, 2006

Worst. Photos. Evar.

I've been trying to work on my posing on my runs so that I can get some nice photos during my races. Well it seems that the L.A. Marathon people conspired against me. Here's one of the shots they took:



Nice action shot, huh? No, this isn't at the starting line. It's in the middle of the race. Me just standing still in the middle of run trying to stretch out my back while people run past me. Gee thanks a lot.

They had a team of photographers on a bridge over the finish line constantly taking pictures to essentially guarantee our accomplishments would be documented. Although I don't really have fond memories of the L.A. Marathon, it would be nice to have that snapshot of me crossing the finish line. Here's the best they had:



That's me on the left. Cast off to the side as a footnote to the event. I don't see why they even bother putting the clock in photos after the first 1000 finishers: the Clock Time is completely off. I would hate to have a picture like this on my desk and have to explain every time "I was several minutes behind clock time, and I really did finish in under 5 hours. I swear!"

To be fair, the photos aren't all awful. My face is in shadow from the hat, but that's better than exposing my bald spots. At least I'm in frame and actually moving forward here:

7 Comments:

Blogger Habeela said...

If it makes you feel better at my 10K race the only picture they got of me crossing the finish line was my knee. Really...those are some nice pictures!

7:13 AM  
Blogger Wedgie said...

Sadly Keryn, the red mat in photo 3 isn't the finish line; I think it's around the halfway point.

4:14 PM  
Blogger Nancy Toby said...

Those are funny. :-)

2:27 PM  
Blogger Herself, the GeekGirl said...

I've gotten my best shots by threatening to cut my 15-year-old out of the will unless he stands by the road and takes some. Just an idea.

7:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your 15-year old is in Mister P's will?

3:09 PM  
Blogger Tracy said...

Totally NOT the worst photos EVAR..... Congrats on your race!!!!

9:25 PM  
Blogger :) said...

Hey, I like the last one...even if it is only half-way (no one needs to know. it'll be our little secret...)!

12:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home