Wednesday, April 18, 2012

34-30-34

For many years, I wore size 34 pants. It was a constant, like death and taxes and Oreos. But then I joined the Disney Tri Team and my pants starting getting looser. I had to buy size 33s.

Then I started training for Ironman Coeur d'Alene and I dropped down to 32. The next year it was Wisconsin: 31. Finally, when I did Kona I was wearing 30" waistline pants. (Frankly, I was told after the fact that I didn't look very healthy at 30, but I was fast!)

This meant I had a ton of clothes lying around that didn't fit me anymore. I decided to make room in the closet by donating some of my old pants. I realized that there was no way I was going to maintain the size 30 after Kona so I wasn't about to get rid of ALL my ill-fitted pants. But I figured it was safe to at least get rid of the 34s. I donated all of my big-boy clothes.

Well, a funny thing happens when you stop Ironman training. The 30 waist became a 31. Which became a 32. Which became a 33. And finally a 34. And recently I had to go back and buy pants to replace the ones I donated (no, I did not return to the Salvation Army to get the exact pairs back.)

I think at this point my largest inventory of pants are the 32s, so I should try to get back to that range. The weather is warming up and my foot is recovering (more on that in next entry) and I should be able to start running again.

Now in terms of not eating Oreos and Peanut Butter Cups... Let's just take things one step at a time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home