Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Mirror, Mirror

I saw something odd while getting changed in the locker room at the gym. And I realize that sounds like something I should talk to my doctor about.

Gyms love mirrors. I don't know why. Personally, I'd rather face a blank wall in the dark. But others apparently prefer to look at themselves at all times. This is the basic layout of the gym:



While I was in the locker room, someone else came in and opened the door. I looked up at the mirror and through some tricky laws of optics I was watching some people using elliptical machines. It took me a little while, but I realized that if I could see them, they... could... see... me... I wasn't showing anything you wouldn't see in the Transition Area, but I'll definitely be more self-aware in the future.

I was able to put up hooks in the showers; I'm not sure I could get away with repositioning the mirrors.

3 Comments:

Blogger Cliff said...

I hope you flex a bit to give the ppl in the gym some eye candy :P

7:48 AM  
Blogger Paulie said...

Nice drawing!

11:30 AM  
Blogger Aaron said...

Like the bit about showers with hooks...how about showers w/out shower heads. There are three at my office - trying to figure out how to transport a shower head in a backpack (perhaps the day before?) so I can ride to work.

4:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home