Monday, August 25, 2008

Going Down

Gonna go off-topic for a bit, but it will come around...

Leaving the office today, I was in the elevator with 2 co-workers and we were talking about how unreliable the elevators were. I told them "I've been working here 12 years and - knock wood - I've never been stuck." Yeah, you know where this is going. We got out the main elevator just fine, then I went into the parking garage elevator alone. I went down about a level-and-a-half, the car slipped a bit and just stopped.

Trapped.

I called for help on the emergency phone and waited. I spent about 25 minutes playing Texas Hold 'Em on my phone but that was getting old. I had my laptop and didn't think I would have any wifi access underground, but I decided I gave it shot. Sure enough, I had a signal. I saw Stupid Dutch online and thought I'd have a videochat because - hey - what would be more fun for him than seeing some poor guy trapped in an elevator?

Unfortunately, right when I was trying to set up the video connection the elevator started moving and I was free. Why couldn't I have been stuck for just another 5 minutes? The humor was ruined.

However, not all was lost. Stupid Dutch's brother "Adam" is in town visiting and I got to meet him on the videochat. Stupid Dutch told him that I did triathlons, and that he designed my tattoo. Of course they told me to show it on the camera. As you can imagine, it is kind of tricky to show your calf on a webcam built into a laptop, especially when you're in the main lobby of the building where you work with people walking by. And you probably also know, when you move around a lot on a webcam the image gets all blurry. So as I'm trying to show him my awesome Ironman Killer Whale Tattoo, I hear Adam say "is that a frog?"

A FROG?!!!

Apparently he saw the green of the M-Dot and thought it looked like a frog.

First I was told it's a dolphin. Now it's a frog. By the end of the year, I'll be having 10-year-old girls telling me "Awesome 'My Little Pony' tattoo!"

Stupid Stupid Dutch's Brother.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm surprised you didn't get a Mickey Mouse instead of that whale

2:11 PM  
Blogger Steve Stenzel said...

"Is that a frog?" Good stuff.

2:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Snurk! Too freakin' funny!

12:37 PM  
Blogger Cliff said...

hilarious :)

8:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home