Saturday, August 09, 2008

Note to self: Hair Cut

Back in college, a girl once told me "you know what I like about you? A lot of guys really care about their appearance, but not you." Ouch.

But she was right; I don't spend a lot of time grooming. I do not moisturize or exfoliate. I do not use "product" in my hair. Most of my haircuts are a month or two overdue. Since I am quickly running out of hair on top of my head, I typically get a form of buzz cut. I know there are universal numbers that correspond to the depth of the clippers you use, but since I don't watch Bravo I have no idea what those numbers mean. 2? 8? 14? No clue. I get my hair cut from the same woman every time and she just knows what to do and I don't have to think about it. I have a "regular cut", and then I have a "race cut" which is shorter when I want to look extra fast and mean.

It was very humid in North Carolina with record high temperatures this week, so I went to a local shop to get a quick, cooling haircut. I told an old woman with a very thick southern accent that she could just use the clippers on me. She asked what setting to use: "Ummmmm....short?" She suggested 3, and I said sure.

Now I'm bald.

Well, mostly bald. Turns out, 3 is probably what I get for my "race cut", but normally I should be about a 4.

So next time I get a haircut, I can search my blog and know what to ask for, or at least what NOT to ask for.

3 Comments:

Blogger Spokane Al said...

Or you could do as I do. As I have begun to run out of hair I bought my own clippers and take care of it myself. It is pretty easy and if you cut your hair yourself once or twice, you will have gotten your investment back in money saved from the barber.

4:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where's the picture?!?

4:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

To give you an idea, mine is a 2, shaving every other week (or maybe every 3 weeks).

PS: Moisturizing is good...

8:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home