Friday, June 16, 2006

Self Improvement

It is safe to say that I am a better runner, cyclist, and swimmer now than I was a year ago. But the thing is, I never wanted to be good at any of those things. I just sort of fell into it by accident. What would have happened had I decided to focus on the things I actually WANTED to do? For example, I wish I could play pool. It's not a lifelong dream or anything, it would just be a nice skill to have. I wish I could play piano. I'd like to learn how to program Flash.

Suppose for every run I did last year, I played pool instead. For every bike ride, I practiced piano. For every swim, I picked up a Flash manual. By now, I would be great at the things I actually wanted to do. And just think of all the money I would have saved!

2 Comments:

Blogger Cliff said...

Money can be saved.but no money can equate to the feeling of a good bike ride.

20 miles per hour + w/ a tailwind and barely pushing it...now that's heaven :-D

7:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude, you finished a Marathon! Compared to that, I think you can swing the pool and Flash stuff. :-)

12:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home