Monday, June 05, 2006

Tough Love

My first Olympic Distance Triathlon was supposed to be the New York City Tri in July. (1.5k swim, 40k bike, 10k run.) The individual distances aren't difficult, but that's the dirty little trick triathlons play on you; when you have to do them back-to-back, things get a LOT tougher. The NYC Tri is in 6 weeks, and for some reason I just haven't been able to get my training in focus.

I figured the only way to kick my butt into gear is to just throw myself into another event, so I signed up for the Olympic Distance "Los Angeles Triathlon Championship Series #3" this coming weekend. It's going to be tough; I imagine it's at least a 4-hour event, and the most activity I've done in a single day since the marathon has been some 90-minute brick workouts. I've never swam that far, I've only biked that far once, and my shins are still hurting a bit from the marathon.

That which does not kill you only makes you stronger, and I'm hoping this will be a good wake-up call for me to get ready for New York.

1 Comments:

Blogger Habeela said...

well, it will either be a good wake up call for you or make you REALLY hate life. Here's hoping for the former.

4:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home