Tuesday, May 09, 2006

That's what's happening

There are famous swimmers (Mark Spitz). There are famous cyclists (Lance Armstrong). There are famous runners (Steve Prefontaine). But are there any famous triathletes? Turns out the answer is "yes", and YOU know one! In fact, he was a triathlete a year BEFORE the first "official" triathlon took place in Southern California in 1974. Who is this world-famous athlete? The kid from the Verb Schoolhouse Rock video.



How do I know he's a triathlete? He literally sings this line: "When I'm feeling really active, I run, I ride, I swim, I fly!" Although technically he is riding a horse and not a bicycle in the video, he more than makes up for it by flying at the end. Now THAT'S a tough brick. Let us all be inspired by this true man of action.

Here's a quick movie clip of the pioneer triathlete:

Verb

2 Comments:

Blogger Habeela said...

great post!

4:33 PM  
Blogger Herself, the GeekGirl said...

No kidding - I LOVE schoolhouse rock!

5:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home