Thursday, February 09, 2006

Brand new pain

OMG, you're not going to believe where I got a blister. Somehow, and maybe this could only happen to me, I managed to get a blister on my forehead.

See, I bought a jogging lamp. It has a nice strap that you wrap around your head to hold it in place. I think maybe you're supposed to wear it on top of a visor, but I tried that for a little bit and the visor just cast a big shadow on the ground right where I was supposed to running. I kept pointing my head down so I could see better in front of me. That wasn't good running form so I got rid of the visor and did about 9 miles with this thing strapped to my forehead. Ow.

There is a small piece of padding behind the lamp, but it's not enough. There was this constant force squishing my forehead. I tried loosening it, but then it just kept sagging down. I can still feel the phantom pressure against my head.

Next time, shadows be damned; I'm using the visor.

2 Comments:

Blogger Tammy said...

how 'bout just a head band? I've only had to use a headlamp in the winter, so always had my head covered.

10:12 AM  
Blogger Wedgie said...

I could try a headband, but I'm worried it might be a little too Olivia Newton John.

12:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home