Wednesday, January 25, 2006

New Toy

My Aunt passed away last year. She lived with my mother, and had been very sick for many years. Last week my mother called me up and asked if I wanted my Aunt's old heart rate monitor. I politely said "yes", but in the back of mind I was thinking "oh, silly naive mother... I'm training for a marathon. I can't use the same giant, antiquated monitor system that an old woman had."

As it turns out, my sedintary aunt was using a Polar A1 Heart Rate Monitor. Although this is considered their entry-level monitor, it's still pretty much state-of-the-art. It's very compact and lightweight, with the cool wireless signals between the chest strap and the watch receiver. I told myself I'd probably never like using a HRM, but now I can't wait to hit the road with it.

Thank you Aunt Peggy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home