Thursday, January 12, 2006

Face of a Champion?



OK, my goal for the Orange County Half Marathon was to get a good race photo. I'm going to give myself a "B" for this one. These are probably the best photos of me yet, but there is still lots of room for improvement. For starters, the huge knee braces make it look like I'm running on artificial legs. I may try using a smaller style of brace, but my vanity will only go so far- I have bad knees and they need lots of support. The first photo is probably the best, but unfortunately I'm looking right into the camera. Shot #2 is just too posed. You can tell I'm trying to look determined. I think shot #3 is right at the end and you can see the slight grimace in my face as I'm trying to keep my head up and mouth closed without collapsing on the pavement.

Biggest photo improvement: wearing the hat. Definite keeper.

And then here are pics of my two new buddies- Safety-pin-through-the-skin guy and Little 12-Year-Old Jimmy: (see race report for background)

5 Comments:

Blogger Recovering Alumni said...

I think the photos look fine!

That guy didn't really put safety pins through his skin did he?????

7:19 AM  
Blogger Wedgie said...

I was hoping for photos of him near the end, to see if he had moved the bib to his shorts. I could already see welts forming on his skin at the beginning of the race.

9:01 AM  
Blogger Randy said...

You look like you are in need of some fiber. I like the knee braces...makes me think of Forest Gump: "Lt. Dan, you've got magic legs!"

11:57 AM  
Blogger Tracy said...

OMG! That guy...yikes with the safety pins!

4:09 AM  
Blogger Tracy said...

PS: I like the shot of you on the right ;) You look driven there.

4:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home