Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Going to the dogs

I still haven't finished my Christmas shopping, so during lunch today I stopped by Petco to pick up some doggie treats. When what to my wandering eyes should appear but David, the guy who worked the front desk at Burbank Athletic Club and who renewed my membership. I used to see him all the time, and now apparently he is working at Petco.

I have not been to the gym in probably 8 months, but I figured that if David was working at Petco he wouldn't know that, right? I tried to be real casual about it, "hey, haven't seen you in a while... you're working here now?" He said "I work here during the days, then back at the gym in the evening."

Crap. Busted.

I collapsed like a house of cards, confessing that I hadn't been to the gym in months but that I was still doing my runs in Griffith Park (what, like he'd know?) He just laughed and said the new year is a great time to come back. No, that's the WORST time to come back because it's packed and I told him so.

David asked if I had heard from Joe The Trainer. (JTT selfishly decided that becoming a medic in the army and going to Afghanistan to make the world safe for democracy was more important than me doing proper form with my lunges.) I told him that without Joe, it was tough staying motivated at the gym. David said that I should get in touch with "Andrea", who is HIS trainer at the gym, and kicks his ass every week.

The thing is, I don't really want my ass kicked. At this point, I'm happy just to do a little workout and have someone say "good job",  pat me on the head, and hand me a cookie. Besides, Andrea sounds mean.

So now I'm afraid to go to Petco again until David sees me at the gym. Or maybe I could drive by the gym first, see if David is working there and then I'll know it's safe to go to Petco. Yeah, that'll work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home