Wednesday, September 09, 2009

Jon Cryer vs. Wedgie, round 5

People thought I was crazy when I said that my arch-triathlon nemesis Jon Cryer was evil. For the record, I DEMOLISHED him the first year I did the Nautica Malibu Triathlon... and then he kinda sorta beat me every year since. I don’t mind losing, but Cryer’s public mocking of me is just plain childish. Even after I posted video of him smack-talking me last year, I still had people doubting that Cryer hated me.

Well he’s at it again this year. I want to thank Paulie for pointing out a recent issue of Runner’s World that featured an interview with Jon Cryer. You can look it up for yourself, but no need; I have it all here for you. You don’t need to read the whole thing, I’ll give you highlights:



First note that he calls me a “terrible rival”. How unsporting is that?

It gets worse:



His trainer told him “Wedgie really, really beat your ass man” obviously referring to my first year with the Tri Team. So Cryer started training (and no doubt doping) “...all to crush and humiliate Wedgie.” I even tried to be nice to him: he admits “I tried to trash talk Wedgie before the 2008 Malibu Triathlon, saying all these awful things about him.” I of course tried to be the bigger person: “(Wedgie) came up to me right before the race and said ‘Hey you’re going to win today.'” But Cryer didn’t care. His pettiness sickens me.

Newbie-Relay-Triathlete Michael sent me this article from Bicycling where Jon Cryer openly admits his obsessive behavior:



Can you believe this guy?



“I create a rivalry with a fellow competitor who doesn’t even know he’s my rival. He’s enjoying his life while I’m fiercely devoted to beating him. A few years ago, it was Wedgie, who is actually a really nice guy. I trash-talked him before the race, even though I’ve never met him. He had no idea we were competing, but I did beat him.”

And now it seems that Jon Crybaby is upset that I can’t do Malibu this year (it’s the same day as Ironman Wisconsin.)

“This will be the first race that I don’t have a rival, so I’m not sure how I’ll do.”

Oh, I know how you’re going to do Jon Cryer... You’re going to embarrass yourself.

NOW do you people believe me?! Jon Cryer hates me!

3 Comments:

Blogger timloe said...

This is classic Wedgie!

3:19 PM  
Blogger Not Quite Lightning McQueen said...

Whow, hold the phone. Apparently Running Magazine and SissyMan Cryer don't know that Mr. Wedgie has sent a proxy! Go Team Disney!

9:45 AM  
Anonymous rakeback said...

Jon Cryer is a triathlete..I had no idea! He is one of the most talented actors on tv and Two and a Half Men remains of the funniest shows on tv.

4:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home