Friday, February 27, 2009

Moving Targets

I don't understand why people even bother registering for events in L.A.; they keep changing. The Pasadena Marathon was cancelled the day of the event because of wildfires. It will now be held in March. The L.A. Marathon was scheduled for March, they moved it to May. And now the Nautica Malibu Triathlon has move up one week to September 13th.

September 13th, 2009.

Why does that date seem important? Oh! Now I remember! September 13th, 2009 marks the 10-year anniversary of when a massive explosion near Moon Base Alpha tore the moon out of Earth's orbit in Space: 1999. Yes, it is a significant date indeed.

That, and it's the same day as Ironman Wisconsin.

So I can't do Malibu this year. The is the BIG event for my Tri Team. It's why we exist. I can't go to the big Tri Team Rally the Friday before. I can't cover my car in "Go Disney" signs and park it along the race route. I can't wear my mouse ears on my bike helmet. I won't have my ass handed to me by Jon Cryer. Kind of bummed.

4 Comments:

Blogger Molly said...

That IS annoying!

The only truly local 1/2-IM here, Big Kahuna, was moved by over a month, to the same weekend as Kona. I think that is going to screw with a lot of people's schedules.

5:27 PM  
Blogger SWTrigal said...

I am signed up for the OC Marathon in May. I sure hope they do not change that one-since we have a rental house for a week and are driving 800 miles for it! That really sucks about the Malibu Tri..

5:30 PM  
Blogger Brent Buckner said...

Two "A" events in your priorities... and they fall on the same day. Bleah.

6:37 AM  
Blogger Not Quite Lightning McQueen said...

I would be more than happy, as your mentee, to do all of the above on your behalf as your surrogate. The ears, the signs, even the ever so deserved ass kicking of that fairy...

3:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home