Monday, November 17, 2008

My new bike?

It's tough deciding what kind of bike to buy. It's very important to get a bike that matches your personal style of riding. I never understood why people wanted to train on lightweight bikes. The heavier your bike, the more of a workout you get, right? And I like to be well-prepared when I ride, so I carry a lot.

My friend Jeff from high school ("Stracc") is living in China and recently started a blog celebrating a unique style of bicycle they have over there. Behold the glory of The Flying Pigeon Project:



These bikes look like something Batman would ride if he didn't have a budget. They can carry anything and everything. And I bet they're a lot cheaper than the latest offerings from Cervelo.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Forget about what you can carry - I covet the kickstand.

8:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ride a mountain bike with knobbies. There is nothing more infuriating to a road bike rider than trying to get speed on a flat road on something that clunky.

1:31 PM  
Blogger Steve Stenzel said...

"...something Batman would ride if he didn't have a budget." Classic.

5:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, Wedgie-- They sell the flying pigeon bike now in Highland Park. Check out this link: http://flyingpigeon-la.com/

I want one just for fun, but if I were getting a new bike to race, I'd get a Tri bike. Just sayin.'

--Margaret McGlynn

12:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home