Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Close Call

The title of this post almost was "Brief Encounter", but fortunately it didn't come to that.

Normally when I workout after work, I change my clothes at red lights in the car. And a little bit while driving too. And I change EVERYTHING. This way, once I arrive at Griffith Park I can hop out and I'm ready to go. For once, I decided to do things a little safer tonight and got changed at work. I didn't want to walk through the building wearing a tank top, so I just changed my shorts. But I would have looked ridiculous wearing shorts and a dress shirt. So I went into the bathroom, put on my shorts and pulled my pants over them. This meant I had a pair of underwear left over. I thought ahead, and brought a small box into the mens room with me. It had my laptop in it; I just threw the undies on top.

I got into the elevator with a co-worker who asked me "what ya got in the box?" "Ummmm... my laptop." Thank goodness he didn't ask me if it was a Mac or PC or anything else that would have required me to open the box and answer the unasked question of boxers or briefs. But I've learned my lesson, and from now on I'm getting changed driving down the streets like a normal person.

1 Comments:

Blogger Steve Stenzel said...

"...I'm getting changed driving down the streets like a normal person."

Great story! I would have asked more about your computer and had you show it to me...

5:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home