Thursday, June 12, 2008

Race Strategy

I've made an important decision regarding my race strategy.

A couple of months ago, we had a few rides in 90-degree weather, even creeping up over 100. By the end of our rides, we'd take sips from our water bottles and it would practically burn our tongues. So I picked up an insulated water bottle, which does a decent job of keeping water cool.

Well, I hate it.

It's a bit taller than my regular bottles so I have to fidget to get it into the rack. And there's a big strap that keeps the cap attached to the bottle that keeps hitting my leg unless I have the bottle rotated perfectly. Every time I go to take a drink I start dreading having to deal with it. So I've the fancy-schmancy expensive bottle is out and the freebie water bottles are in. It's not supposed to be hot in Idaho on race day and it will be one less thing to worry about.

Only 99 more stresses to deal with...

3 Comments:

Blogger Doctor Loomis said...

"and there's a big strap that keeps the cap attached to the bottle" You realize you can remove this strap?

8:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Indeed! I believe the strap is there so the the resellers can hang them. Remove the stupid thing.

7:06 AM  
Blogger Bigun said...

why bother with water bottles at all? 10 miles in between aid stations. water and Gatorade galore!

5:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home