Monday, October 22, 2007

War of the Roses

There's a civil war a-brewin' in my tri-team and lines are being drawn in the sand. There are two half-marathons in December, 1 week apart, within 10 miles of eachother: The City of Angels Half and the Rose Bowl Half. People need to choose which race to register for. The front-runner is the City of Angels; I volunteered for the race last year and rode the course on my bike to cheer people on. Many of my favorite people on the tri team are doing the race. Steve is dong it too. (See how I threw that little zing in there? I'll pay for that later.) But for some reason I just really want to do the Pasadena race. Maybe because it's an inaugural event. Maybe just because I like Pasadena. So I may be breaking ranks with my team and doing the Rose Bowl race.

And for those of you who think "hey, just do both!": the races cost $65 and $75. Even if I took it easy on my legs for one of the races, it wouldn't be easy on my wallet.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's Ironmannie and her evil ploy to rule the universe

Damn Her!!!

OGMP

11:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

C'mon, Wedgie! EVERYONE's doing it. (City of Angels, that is.) But you could run the Rose Bowl Half with Rich, if you'd like. You remember Rich... the guy who won FIRST PLACE in the Mountain Bike Division at Malibu. It'll be good training for you two CDA-bound Ironmen to be!

11:21 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

You will deeply regret it for the rest of your life if you don't race with us.

I'm just sayin'.

11:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

do it or you're not cool...

-gerald (weak link in the axis of evil)

5:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

City of Angels is only in its second year. It was a very cool race last year--You'll see parts of the city that you probably don't see much (or haven't ever seen). And when else can you run down the middle of the street in Los Angeles and have a few church choirs singing you on? Beautiful.

Said without Axis or Tri Team affiliation.
brian

12:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home