Friday, February 09, 2007

Just Spinning My Wheels

The only bike rides I have been doing have been the long rides on Saturdays. 84 miles, 112 miles, 28 miles after bonking... That really isn't a good way to train. The problem is that it's too dark to ride after work, and there is no way I can get up in morning to go for an early ride. It simply won't happen.

My condo building has a small gym in it, so last night I decided to give the stationary bike a try. I suppose it's a pretty good one- it has programmable workouts, heartrate monitor, even a cup holder for your Mountain Dew. (no, I just had water.) I dialed in the 30-minute Hill Interval workout.

I worked up quite a sweat. You don't really appreciate how nice coasting is until you can no longer do it. I was pretty bored after just 20 minutes but I think I could do an hour with an iPod. I'm hoping that one or two nights midweek can hold me over until it's bright enough to ride outside after work again.


11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude - lose the helmet.

10:25 AM  
Blogger Born To Endure said...

OMG...you're hilarious!!

10:40 AM  
Blogger :) said...

I think we need to work on your aero positioning a little.... :)

11:53 AM  
Blogger Cliff said...

I think u need ot get a bike fit :)

2:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks! I'm checking out Hal's site tonite!! ~~Robin

6:38 PM  
Blogger teacherwoman said...

Just checking out your site!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it looks as if you could possibly be staring at a white wall. True? Now that would make me board!

Nice blog, though!

9:10 PM  
Blogger teacherwoman said...

Bored...not board... oops

9:10 PM  
Blogger Andra Sue said...

Dude, it's *hot* to wear your helmet inside. Totally starting a new trend...gotta be LA. On a serious note--at least you're on a bike! :)

7:14 AM  
Blogger Triteacher said...

But Teacherwoman, you've missed the other part of Mister P's brilliance - he's wearing shades to cut the glare. I'd say it's one t-i-t, tight plan, P!

1:13 PM  
Blogger Iron Pol said...

Helmet good. Hair pants bad. If you wiped out, you'd have one serious case of road (er, carpet) rash.

I give you props just for riding the trainer. I had to buy a trainer for The Pol-R Express because I was sick of riding stationary and spin bikes.

6:51 AM  
Blogger Herself, the GeekGirl said...

I like audiobooks. If you find a good one, you forget what you're doing.

12:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home