Monday, January 15, 2007

Mister P: He-Man

Before my cold bike ride this weekend, I asked IronAndre for advice. He instilled the fear of God in me: "You need a headband and a neck guard and arm warmers and knee warmers and a portable generator." I didn't get everything he suggested, but I did do some shopping at the bike store. I was looking at the arm warmers, which are kind of like thick nylon stockings with the toes cut out. I wasn't sure how they were suposed to fit, and the way they were packaged you couldn't really try them on easily. I asked the salesguy "how do these sizes work? Are they based on arm length?" The guy said "no, it depends on the size of your arm." I grumbled a bit to myself, thinking "oh great, here we go again" and I grabbed the small arm warmers. But then the salesguy reached out, grabbed my upper arm, and said "you should probably go with the medium". HA! No girlie-stockings for me!

8 Comments:

Blogger Nancy Toby said...

So .... did they fall down? :-)

5:32 AM  
Blogger Wedgie said...

Oh, good one. :) They fit just fine, thank-you-very-much!

7:59 AM  
Blogger Laurie said...

Ha! Good one Nancy!

You must have some great biceps ;)

8:46 AM  
Blogger Cliff said...

Ha,

Thanks for the laugh.

9:34 AM  
Blogger Wedgie said...

Believe what you wish, Laurie... But the reality is that the small warmers are for people built like horse jockeys.

9:35 AM  
Blogger Paul said...

The portable generator is more of a required item, vs optional. The rest is then totally unecessary.

9:38 AM  
Blogger Joy | Love | Chaos said...

No girlie-stockings for you...but I think your sales guy just felt you up! :)

9:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You mean sales guys aren't supposed to feel you up? Well! There's a suspiciously "helpful" young man at the Gap with whom I will exchange some choice words, toute de suite!

3:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home