Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Skippy

I am always reading about the wonders of peanut butter as an endurance fuel. Many people pack peanut butter sandwhiches on long bike rides: two slices of bread, a tablespoon of peanut butter, and some banana slices. Some people "treat" themselves to an afternoon snack of a saltine with a teaspoon of peanut butter on it.

I laugh at these people. When I eat peanut butter, it isn't measured by spoonfulls. You use measuring cups. If you saw we with a jar of peanut butter, you would swear I had an eating disorder. I'd easily put away a cup at a sitting. And it's not just the peanut butter by itself: I'll smear it on Oreos and Ritz Crackers and pretzels. Again, all in a single sitting. I have no will power when it comes to peanut butter, so I make sure never to buy it. I can't buy a small jar and just nibble on it from time to time. Once I open it, it will be gone in two days.

This being the holidays, sometimes you need to bring food or snacks to other people's homes. And in all modesty, I happen to make great peanut-butter-kiss cookies.



I made a couple batches over the past 2 weeks, which unfortunately meant I had to buy peanut butter. You would not believe how much of it never made it into the recipe. And I still have another batch to go.

I am weak.

1 Comments:

Blogger Iron Pol said...

Okay, that's just weird. Not as weird as my mom eating an onion like it's an apple, but still weird.

Ummm, smooth or crunchy?

6:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home