Friday, February 23, 2007

How I Roll

I got a new pair of Flash-Point FP-60 wheels.

These wheels are by far the nicest part of my bike (excluding my Killer Whale Squeeky Horn, of course.) They arrived in the mail, and I didn't even take them out of the box; I didn't trust myself to install them so I brought them and my bike to the shop last night. I never saw the wheels in person, only in photos. When I was pulling into the parking lot today to pick up my bike, there was a bike locked up outside that had Flash-Point wheels on it. These were the first wheels I had seen in person, and I was excited because I thought "hey, those look pretty cool!" Then my eyes sort of looked up and focused a bit and I realized "hey, that's MY bike!"

My bike is noticably lighter now, and here's a huge "little thing": I always had trouble removing my front tire. It would always catch on something, I could never figure out what, but it always ALWAYS took me several attempts to wiggle it free. This new wheel just glides right out.

So how do the wheels feel on the road? I have absolutely no idea. Haven't gone riding yet. But who cares? I'm very happy with them already.

3 Comments:

Blogger Andre said...

I wanna see pictures.....

3:22 PM  
Blogger Paul said...

Uh-oh; someone's getting fast... :)

Pics please.

-Paul

3:50 PM  
Blogger Triteacher said...

'Tis the season! I'm going bike shopping too... Keep us posted on how they ride.

4:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home