Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Terrible Tuesdays

It's really tough to meet your weekly quotas for training hours. You can't simply push a workout back a day, because tomorrow is already booked with plenty of Tri-silliness. So if you to add one little event to your schedule you really have to fight to get your hours in.

Yesterday I had to run 3 miles. Piece of cake. I also had my first new session with Joe The Trainer. Still doable. But I also wanted to help my Tri Team with our new-merchandise distribution after work. This was going to get tricky.

I had to come into work early to set up for a technology demo, and somehow managed to both cancel the event AND host it anyway. I didn't get to go to lunch until 2:00, at which point I drove to the gym and put in 3 miles on the treadmill. The gym is pretty close, so I was back in the office at 3. (OK, fine, 3:10 so shoot me.)

After work I headed out to our merchandise distribution. I pushed Joe The Trainer back to 8:00, which is way-past dinner time. I didn't want to eat right before our session so I wolfed down a turkey sandwich from 7-Eleven in the car after work on the way to the ABC Building.

I looked in the various conference rooms but couldn't find anybody so I texted Robert:

What room are we in?
For what?
Merchandise sorting
That's next Tuesday.

OMG. WTF.

Turns out I had plenty of time to get my workouts done right after work, but at this point it didn't matter. I had been stressing about my schedule all day for nothing.

And speaking of Joe The Trainer, he is noticeably larger than he used to be. And not in the Oreos-and-m&ms sort of way. So I asked him about it.

Me: "Looks like you got bigger."
JTT: "Dude, I completely changed my workouts. I started doing a ton of cardio and I gained muscle."
Me: "Frak you."

Next Tuesday: same tech demo, same run, same Joe the Trainer... Only this time I really will be throwing merchandise distribution into the mix.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Remember, your race is on SATURDAY, October 9th.
-Steph

10:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home