Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Wedgie: The Bad Boy of Triathlon

NBC has aired a lot of fantastic Ironman footage, but I think we can all agree the greatest Ironman video of all time is IM CdA 2008 by Scott The Producer. And I'm not just saying that because I'm one of the stars.

Well let me tell you, I was shocked, SHOCKED to find out today that Scott The Producer hadn't properly secured all the music rights for use in the video. Specifically, the 80 seconds of "Oh What a Night". I uploaded the video to YouTube and now I am a criminal. YouTube has muted the video with the warning "Your video, Ironman Coeur d'Alene 2008, may have audio content from December, 1963 by Frankie Valli & The Four Seasons that is owned or licensed by WMG."

It did occur to me that maybe if I was a little faster during the race, I would have finished during daylight hours and then Scott the Producer might not have used "Oh What a Night." But then maybe U2 would be after us for using "Beautiful Day".

I'll find another place to host the video, but it just stinks that people searching YouTube for Coeur d'Alene vids won't be able to watch mine directly. Stupid over-zealous copyright nazis.

1 Comments:

Blogger http://gokristen.wordpress.com said...

Facebook is a good place to post, no Nazis there yet....they are too busy dealing with bitching users...

8:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home