Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Ironoopsie

My support team is going to kill me. I get sick just thinking about this:

When I checked into the hotel, the desk clerk told me that the Ironman Room Package included a $75 per day credit towards hotel services including the restaurants, spa, mini-bar, etc. My understanding was that any unused funds would be credited back to my credit card. I was thrilled that the expensive hotel would be $75 less per night.

When I checked out this morning I found out the credit was "use it or lose it". That's $375 of prepaid hotel services. Which means thst although the support crew's breakfast was prepaid, they could have splurged. Someone could have gone to the spa for a free pedicure. Or maybe one of the women could have gone in for something.

I take slight comfort in the fact that there was a $75 daily max; they couldn't have enjoyed a free $200 champagne breakfast. And I went to the local supermarket and bought all the food I wanted to eat because I didn't want any nutritional surprises from a hotel restaurant. So I wouldn't have used any good credit for myself. But with a little bit of planning I could given them some nice hotel perks.

Sorry guys.

8 Comments:

Blogger Steve Stenzel said...

YOU.
ARE.
DEAD.

5:34 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'm going to call you IRONschmuck from now on.

5:53 PM  
Blogger Ben said...

This is the worst news I have ever heard. How will you ever make it up to me?

9:19 AM  
Blogger rtriquart said...

The best advice I received throughout my 6 month training program occurred on Saturday the day before my CDA Ironman race. It went something like this.

"Bathroom? You don't need to go to the bathroom before the race! Just go in your wetsuit during the swim." I can't tell you how beneficial this advice was for a man with an extremely inefficient bladder. Thank you very much Ben and Steve.

Now if I can pass on some advice to any up and coming Ironmen who may be reading. Try as many new things as possible on race day. Its proven to work.

RT

3:06 PM  
Blogger Fe-lady said...

Oh man...I am so sorry that your desk clerk didn't explain the $75 thing to you well, because the food was just AWESOME...(drinks included).

I just had to...sorry. Go back next year!

And congratulations by the way!

4:34 PM  
Blogger Tea said...

HEH HEH....

Some guy bought us breakfast on Tuesday for the very same reason! At first we thought he was a freak, but hell a free breakfast is a free breakfast.

9:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeh, some guy bought us breakfast (Steve, Robert and Ben) on Sunday morning, although he didnt find out until Sunday night when he was done doing his (Wedgie) Ironman...had we known, we would have had the $30/person buffet!!!

9:30 PM  
Blogger brendaj said...

That's very sad indeed!

8:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home