Thursday, June 19, 2008

In Idaho

Well the scariest part of Ironman is over; I survived the flight. Rich and Stephanie had a slightly earlier flight and when I went down to get my luggage they were standing there holding a "Go Team Wedgie" sign. Hooray! Very cool.



I'm staying at the host hotel and it is very nice. I have a lovely view of the lake and my own small, private patio. However, there are some problems. I went out for dinner, and when I came back there were 4 chocolates on my pillows! Why must they taunt me? I couldn't stand to look at them, so I ate them. But the worst part of the room is the "Convenience Bar". You know, the pile of overpriced snacks that usually consist of bags of peanuts and raisins and other things I would never eat. Well, behold what they have here:



There is $25.75 worth of stuff I like. There for the taking. And if I were to take something, I suspect it would magically reappear the next day. I'm not sure I can last 3 days like this.

Registration was uneventful. Picked up the bike no problem, got my registration stuff no problem. They really do handle things efficiently; I didn't have to wait for anything. I think I may be sort of excited to be here. However, I still don't like seeing all the buff people with their $5000 bikes. I keep looking around to see where the "normal people" are, but I guess there aren't any.

6 Comments:

Blogger monica said...

you know you CAN request that they completely remove all the "convenience bar" stuff from your room. then again, if you completely emptied that sucker for 3 nights at 25.75 a pop, that's a small price to pay considering any last minute stress that might come up.

snack up wedgie!!! you're almost there!!!

2:25 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Monica is right. It might be worth the price. Afterall, that's just a drop in the bucket compared to everything else.

I'm following along and will be cheering for you from Atlanta on Sunday. Rock it!

4:04 AM  
Blogger katie b said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

8:12 AM  
Blogger katie b said...

oh wedgie, they are all normal, just a little weird :) you're doing fine and will kick major butt while your there - if not their's, your own, and hopefully love every minute of it. this is what you've been working for. live it up, snack it up, soak it up!!! Go get 'em 879!

8:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck and kick ass!
tammy

9:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

879 is pretty close to 839 which is the Animation Guild's union number!
So go 879!

3:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home