Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Who am I?

OK, this may sound like I'm boasting a bit, but tough.

I'm in my "tapering" phase, meaning that all of the tough training runs are over, and the distances are getting shorter and shorter. It's still important to do the runs, just to keep the blood flowing and the legs loose. I couldn't run last weekend because I was away, then I couldn't run Monday, and I couldn't run Tuesday, so I finally made it out tonight. I was halfway home from work when it sort of hit me: "I'm about to run a half marathon." Just two months ago I nervously completed my first 13 mile run and that was a tremendous accomplishment for me. Now that same distance is just a task that I have to try to squeeze in before dinner. I'm not saying it's easy, just that... well... it's not really the challenge it once was.

And that blows my mind.

1 Comments:

Blogger Herself, the GeekGirl said...

I know the feeling. Once, when I was in my 20's, I walked home from work (5 miles) and my family thought I was nuts. WHo knows what they say, in private, about having done 2 half-marathons!

12:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home