Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Rich Man, Stair Man

Maybe you know someone who is financially well-off. Maybe some day you caught them clipping coupons and you thought to yourself "what are they doing? they're rich, they can afford not to use coupons." Only to realize that they're rich BECAUSE they clip coupons.

That's how I feel about taking the stairs. It's such an old joke, yet time after time when I call for an elevator someone will say "oh sure, you want to run a marathon but you're too lazy to climb one flight of stairs." Ya know what? My legs hurt and they will hurt less if I take the elevator. So go ahead and take pride in the 10 seconds of exercize you're getting today by wheezing up the stairs.

2 Comments:

Blogger Cliff said...

I take care of my legs..they are my baby. No stair climbing for me. In fact..maybe I should get one of those automatic wheelchair :)

9:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I circle a parking lot like a shark waiting for that one space 10' closer to the storefront. I know, it's sooooo LA, and I'm thinking... sheesh, you can run like 10 miles, what's another 10'. But there might be a closer space... must have it!

2:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home