Saturday, September 11, 2010

Pre-Nautica Malibu Tri

Tomorrow is the Nautica Malibu Triathlon. My very first triathlon was in Malibu, and this will be my 5th time doing the race. You would think that if there EVER was a time to get a PR in Malibu, it would be right when you're coming up to the end of some Ironman training. I should be at my peak skill level at swimming biking and running by now, right? Well, it doesn't work that way. See, before a race, of any distance, you're supposed to rest. But this isn't really a good time for me to be resting. I had to do a 52-mile bike ride today with hills (it was supposed to be 60 miles, but it was windy and I was feeling tired.) And then tomorrow evening I'm supposed to do a 12-mile run, which I'll probably reduce to 10 or so. I have absolutely no idea what this will do to my race time tomorrow. This is the biggest event of the year for our Tri Team and it is always a lot of fun so it's very important to me that I do the race. But it is NOT important for me to do well. (Having said that, hopefully I'm just sandbagging and I'll have a good race.)

I don't know if my arch-nemesis Jon Cryer is doing the race again. I beat him my first year, but he defeated me the next four. Last year, Malibu was on the same day as Ironman Wisconsin so I had to skip it. And since he knew I wasn't there for him to humiliate, he dropped out of the race as well. Don't think I've forgotten, Cryer... this isn't over.

Oh and go team disney.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home