Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Wildflower Just Got a Whole Lot Easier

Wildflower is the first event where I feel I will be racing the clock just to finish. With the marathons, I might quit or drop dead on the pavement, but they have very generous cut-off times and so it was never really an issue of running out of time. Wildflower is much more strict; you must finish the race by 8:20 after the last wave start. With all of the hills this could easily be an 8 hour race for me (or longer), so if I was in the last wave I would be in trouble.

Thankfully, I just found out I will starting 90 minutes before the last wave. For one thing, this means I will not be the last person out of the water. It will still be a difficult race, but at least with the extra hour-and-a-half I should be able to finish.

1 Comments:

Blogger TRI Vortex said...

Just think about all the shots and singing by the camp fire and listening to Kahuna belching, I mean belting out those songs. This is shapping out to be a great race. I can't wait to read everyones reports. Its funny how each person takes something different way from every race.

2:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home